In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
Fiqh of Purification and Prayer
The Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him] said: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded; and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. (Tirmidhi)
What is this course about?
No Muslim can do without this course! Everyone must perform salah, therefore everyone must study about salah. It’s as simple as that.
How much time do we spend on our salah? How important is it to us? Now consider the possibility that we might be doing it all wrong! It happens to many people every day. To avoid this, courses like this are absolutely essential. You will be taken through the absolute essentials of purification and salah by an expert teacher so that you can be sure of the validity of your salah in future.
Module 1: Comprehensive study of the rules and methods of Taharah (purity)
– An introduction to Fiqh
– The Islâmic rulings relating to:
- a) The different types of water
- b) The various types of impurities
- c) Utensils and containers.
- d) Etiquettes of answering the call of nature
- e) Menses [hayd], post-natal bleeding [nifâs] and irregular vaginal bleeding [istihâdah].
- f) Wudû’ [ablution] and its nullifiers
- g) Ghusl [bathing] and its nullifiers
- h) Dry ablution [tayammum] i) Wiping of the khuff [leather socks], the jabîrah [bandages], the `amâmah [the turban] and normal socks.
- f) Usage of the tooth-stick [miswâk].
Module 2: Comprehensive study of the of the fiqh of Salah
1- The merits and excellence of Salaah
2- The integrals [arkan] of Salaah.
3- Recommended acts [sunan] during Salaah.
4- Recommended supplications [sunnah du`as] during and following Salah.
Course attendants will, in addition to notes and other accompanying items, also receive an audio CD which will include the following:
a) Surah al-Fathihah by various Qurra’ and a translation.
b) The last ten suwar of the Quran with their translations.
c) The du`as taught in class with their translations.
Who should attend?
Muslims! This course is ideally suited for those who desire a refresher course on Purification and Salaah and those seeking to gain closeness to Allah through this most noble and sublime act of worship.
This course is for you, if…
i- You want to be sure that you are performing your Salaah correctly.
ii- Seek to gain closeness to Allah.
iv- Would like to know the meaning of supplications made during and after Salaah.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer.
- R290 per person (once off)
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745 or 021 696 1714
- Whats-App: 0786104700